The Arabic Food Recipes kitchen (The Home of Delicious Arabic Food Recipes) invites you to try Beef kofta with saffron yoghurt Recipe. Enjoy Tasty Middle Eastern Food recipes and learn how to make Beef kofta with saffron yoghurt.
Cooking Time 30 minutes
Ingredients (serves 8)
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh continental parsley leaves
1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
1 brown onion, quartered
500g lean beef mince
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground mild paprika
1/2 tsp ground allspice
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
10 saffron threads
1 tbs hot milk
200ml container skim-milk natural yoghurt
2 tbs chopped fresh coriander, extra
2 tsp olive oil
1. Line a large baking tray with foil. Place parsley, fresh coriander and onion in the bowl of a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add mince, ground coriander, cumin, paprika, allspice and season with salt and pepper. Process until well combined and paste-like.
2. Preheat grill to medium-high. Use your hands to mould a heaped tablespoonful of beef mixture around a wooden skewer into a 7cm pointed-ended sausage. Place on the lined tray. Repeat with remaining beef mixture and skewers. Cover and set aside.
3. Place the saffron and hot milk in a small bowl and set aside. Combine the yoghurt, extra fresh coriander, salt and pepper in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Brush the kofta with a little of the oil and cook under preheated grill, turning carefully once and brushing with the oil, for 5-8 minutes or until browned and just cooked through.
5. Add saffron mixture to yoghurt mixture and mix well. Serve kofta with saffron yoghurt.
You will need 16 bamboo skewers for this recipe.